Who are we?

United Campus Ministry in Aggieland has been an Aggie tradition for 85 years! We started all the way back in 1928 when Texas A&M was an all-male military college known as the Agricultural and Mechanical College of Texas. Even without a facility or worship space, 75-100 men would gather weekly for prayer and Bible study. Shortly after, the Presbyterian Synod of Texas established A&M Presbyterian Church on Church Avenue in Northgate. In the 1960s, The Presbyterian Student Ministry began meeting in an old banking facility near campus. During this time, Presbyterian campus ministries all over Texas began taking a stronger role in social action and ecumenism. The Presbyterian Student Ministry grew to include the Christian Churches (Disciples of Christ) and the United Churches of Christ in their common work under the name "United Campus Christian Life Fellowship." In 1976, UCCF moved back to A&M Presbyterian Church, eventually changing its name to “United Campus Ministry.”
 
Still today, United Campus Ministry in Aggieland continues our roots of prayer, fellowship, and Bible study, while also seeking to reach out in mission and social justice in the greater Bryan-College Station community. In 2000, with the sale of the A&M Presbyterian Church property, United Campus Ministry is currently meeting at Friends Congregational Church (2200 Southwood Drive, College Station) just off of Harvey Mitchell/Hwy 2818. 
In 2013, UCM adopted a statement of inclusion and affirmation. This statement reflects one of the core values of United Campus Ministry, that we are “Open to All.” 
This statement reads: "United Campus Ministry in Aggieland affirms that every individual is a beloved child of God.  We extend a loving welcome to individuals of every race, ethnicity, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and faith background."

UCM Cross